Call of Antia – New Heroes Valerie, Salome, and Summer Breeze Battle Pass in Latest Update
Call of Antia, the free-to-play Match-3 RPG game by FunPlus International is ready with its next update scheduled to be implemented on 23rd June 2022. Players will be able to pre-download the patch data or choose to update it directly from their respective app stores. Call of Antia is available to be downloaded on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The game releases new updates almost on a bi-weekly basis to keep the community entertained and engaged. Being one of the fastest-growing match-3 RPG games, Call of Antia shoulders a big responsibility to introduce new mechanics and content on a regular basis and these updates are doing just that.
The latest update for Call of Antia landing In-game on 23rd June 2022. The patch notes of the official update can be seen on the game’s official Discord server as well through a short preview clip featured on Call of Antia’s official Facebook Page. Among the new content coming with this update are 2 brand-new heroes Valerie and Salome, both of whom are going to be available to be summoned on the Starlit Fjord banner. A new season of Battle Pass titled “Summer Breeze” is also scheduled to go live with this update. New events and some major changes to the Museum are also coming. Let’s take a brief look at all the new content and changes coming to the game on 23rd June 2022.
Summer Breeze Battle Pass
Another new season marks the beginning of another rewarding Battle Pass in Call of Antia featuring tons of rewards and freebies for both free-to-play and pay-to-play players. Battle Passes in Call of Antia are divided into 40 different levels with each level consisting of 1000 Battle Pass EXP. The Battle Pass EXP is earned by completing the different missions presented to the player on a daily and seasonal basis.
Completing all the missions will provide players with tons of Battle Pass experience called “BP” in the official game terms. Another method to gain levels in the battle pass is by simply paying Gems, which is the premium currency. The pass is further divided into different types with each one offering different types of rewards:
- Free Rewards
- Premium Rewards
Premium rewards are the more abundant and fruitful rewards that are available to only those players who have purchased the Battle Pass using their real-life money. The Free Rewards are those rewards that are available to all players, regardless of whether they have purchased the battle pass or not. Both of these rewards are obtained at different levels of the Battle Pass. Players get more Battle Pass EXP by completing the Seasonal Missions but those missions are quite limited. Some of the rewards obtained from the Summer Breeze Battle Pass are as follows:
- Gold x 10,000
- Gem x 100
- Honor Token x 1500
- Tears of Ancestors
- Dragon Crystal x 2
- EXP Potions
- Naya Crystal
- Gwenda’s Gift
- Drago’s Shard
- Fyro’s Shard
- Ups and Downs
- Rough Naya Stone x 2
- Holy Naya Crystal
- Glacior’s Shard
- Epic Naya Crystal
- Rebecca’s Gift
- Loot Tickets
- High-level equipment
Starlit Fjord – Valerie, Salome, and Liohn
The 3 new heroes being added to Call of Antia are Valerie, Salome, and Liohn. Out of the 3 new heroes, only Valerie is a 5-Star hero whereas Salome and Liohn are 4-Star heroes. Players can summon them on the limited Starlit Fjord banner which will feature these 3 new heroes at a drop rate-up. The rates remain the same for the base rarity units but players will have a higher chance of obtaining the 3 new heroes if they summon a 5-Star/4-Star unit.
Valerie is a 5-Star Purple healer/support unit that has a high base HP of 2310 and an average base attack of 983. Her special ability Abyssal Shell is an AOE targeted healing and buffing skill that targets all allies and states that Valerie will heal all allies by 42% of her own MAX HP as well as cleanse all debuffs present on them. Valerie also shares some of the damage taken by all allies for a duration of 6 turns. Valerie also gains increased Mana Gain by 10% per same colored ally on the team. Let’s take a look at Valerie’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Abyssal Shell – Restores HP equal to 42% of the caster’s MAX HP for all allies and cleanses all debuffs from them. Shares damage taken with all allies for 6 turns.
Words of Purity (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases Defense by 20% (for Valerie, 40%) for 5 turns when 20 Naya Stones are matched.
Salome is a 4-Star Fire elemental healer and buffer who has a low base attack of 770 but a high base HP of 1704. Her special ability Crimson Phantom is an AOE targeted healing skill that targets all allies and restores their HP equal to 32% of hew own MAX HP. Red-colored allies will receive more healing equal to 22% of their lost HP. Let’s take a look at Salome’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Crimson Phantom – Restores HP equal to 32% of the caster’s MAX HP for all allies. Red allies receive additional healing power equal to 22% of their lost HP.
Blood Reflecting Coral (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases Defense by 13% (for Salome, 26%) for 3 turns when 5+ Naya Stones are matched each turn.
Liohn is a 4-Star Water elemental damage dealer and debuff unit with an average base attack of 960, high base defense of 744, and average base HP of 1512. His special ability Chain Blade Thrust is a single targeted damaging skill that 246% damage to the main target and some damage as well to surrounding targets, hitting each target 2 times. When Liohn deals damage to the main target, he has a 50% chance to deal an extra 48% damage per hit for 5 turns. Liohn can also increase his own critical hit rate by 25% when using a skill. Let’s take a look at Liohn’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Chain Blade Thrust – Deals 246% damage to the target, and less damage to its nearby enemies for 2 hits. When dealing skill damage on the target enemy, Liohn has a 50% chance to deal 48% extra damage on it for 5 turns.
Deepsea Teardrop (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases Critical Chance by 13% (for Liohn, 26%) for 3 turns when 5+ Naya Stones are matched in the same turn.
Hero Museum Changes
As the current Museum for Heroes was feeling cluttered, fellow Dragoneers can expect a totally revamped Hero Museum as the developers are re-designing the entire navigation menu. Players will be able to experience the changes with the coming update on 23rd June 2022.
Here are some more details regarding the changes coming to the Hero Museum:
- Added a new button to go directly to the Museum by clicking on the top right-hand side of the hero’s menu. Also adjusted and optimized the red notification dot.
- Added 2 new hero classes – “Defense” and “Control” classes. Some of the hero’s existing classes are also updated which the players can find in the Museum.
- While viewing hero stories, players can easily turn the pages as a page-turning option has been added. The hero stories viewing and reading experience has also been enhanced.
- The hero preview system has been completely redesigned. Players will now be able to view the hero’s stories, the hero’s awakening skills, and the hero’s special ability by directly clicking on the different icons.
- The hero skill and class page are also redesigned to give players more clarity and the ability to filter heroes by directly going to the class they are classified in.
- Redesigned the Faction Museum, optimized the display of heroes of the same Faction and
Warm Strength Login Event
A new login event titled “Warm Strength”, is especially running for the summer season. The event is currently running, being started on 21st June 2022 and ending on 30th June 2022. Players will be able to earn amazing rewards among the likes of Diamonds, Tears of Ancestors, etc just by logging in for 7 days. These logins need not be consecutive.
Players can get their hands on the following rewards:
- Day 1 – Diamonds x 50
- Day 2 – Aldin’s Gift x 1
- Day 3 – Rare Forge Stone x 20
- Day 4 – Tears of Ancestors x 1
- Day 5 – Lucky Clover x 1
- Day 6 – Diamonds x 50
- Day 7 – Tears of Ancestors x 2
Gameplay and Stage Optimizations
The proposed changes to further enhance the gameplay experience of players along with some general optimizations:
- Optimized the ranking rules of Chamber of Spirits: Players are ranked by their highest level cleared, turns required to clear the level, and time used.
- Optimized Rune upgrade material “Damaged Rune” and changed its name to “Basic EXP Rune”.
- Optimized the experience when equipping hero weapons.
- Optimized the tips when unlocking Cosmos Corridor.
- To provide Dragoneers with an improved gaming experience, the Call of Antia team has optimized the difficulty of the following Campaign Stages: 23-4, 23-10, 25-5, 25-7, 27-5, 27-7.
Exclusive weapons have remained unchanged for many heroes starting from their release. While some heroes can be buffed directly, another way to increase their utility is by buffing them indirectly by buffing their exclusive weapons. The following are the proposed changes to the different exclusive weapons:
- Alia’s Exclusive Weapon: Shields the wielder for 17% (for Alia, 25% and increases Attack by 10%) of Max HP for 5 turns when 10+ Naya Stones are matched each turn.
- Aldin’s Exclusive Weapon: Increases Normal Attack Damage by 20% (for Aldin, 30% and increases damage to weaker elements by 7%) for 5 turns when 20 Naya Stones are matched.
- Malfort’s Exclusive Weapon: Shields the wielder for 10% (for Malfort, 15% and increases Defense by 5%) of Max HP for 5 turns when 20 Naya Stones are matched.
That covers everything new coming to Call of Antia with the 23rd June 2022 update. Players can feel free to refer to the official patch notes to get a more detailed overview. We highly recommend playing Call of Antia on a PC with BlueStacks using a keyboard and mouse for a better gaming experience.