Free Fire OB30 – New Character, Pets, Game Mode and More
Garena has finally released the latest version of their infamous battle royale game Free Fire, the update is called the Free Fire OB30 update. Like every other update, this update also includes tons of new features, weapon balance, new in-game content and more. The latest update also includes a new 6v6 clash squad feature along with a new replay feature.
Here are the complete details of the new Free Fire OB90 update.
Free Fire OB30 Update Patch Notes
New – 6v6 Clash Squad
The new 6v6 Clash Squad will be available only in Custom Rooms.
The Contra Squad has been adjusted a bit in the Bermuda map. The Clock Tower zone in Contra Squad was quite a difficult spot for the teams spawning in the lower area. Now the spawn points for both the teams have been adjusted to make it more balanced and the warehouse is in the center of the map
Airdrop Vending Machine
- A new airdrop vending machine is introduced both in Classic and Ranked games. The vending machine is used to gather gear or revive teammates, with the introduction of the new Airdrop Vending Machine players can now spend the FF coins in more places
The revive system was a game-changing feature that was added in the game. To make it more optimised and easy to use there have been some changes in the UI and HUD.
- Added a countdown to when the revive points will be closed for the match.
- Added a refresh point cooling countdown on the map.
- Players can now see Revival Points being captured on the map.
- Respawn points will no longer disappear midway while players are capturing them.
- Optimized HUD display when watching players who are capturing respawn points.
Safety Zone Adjustment
Safety Zone Damage has been adjusted and increased a bit more to make sure that instead of players hiding outside the zone to wait until other players are eliminated, they stay inside the zone and have a proper fight. The zone now damages 10% when the players are outside the zone.
The combat zone layout has been adjusted as the previous one was a bit complicated. So some of the objects have been removed so that the enemies are more visible in the area,
Character and Pets
Chrono has been balanced before but even after the previous changes, the Tunado Shield was a little more reliable if compared to active abilities. Therefore Garena has added some cooldown and reduced the shield duration to make sure that players use the ability at a high cost.
- Movement speed – 5/7/9/11/13/15% -> 5/6/7/8/9/10%
- Skill Duration – 3/4/5/6/7/8s -> 3/3/4/4/5/5s
- Time to use the skill – 200/192/185/179/174/1705 > 250/242/235/229/224/220S.
The camouflage ability of Wukong is quite difficult to achieve at high movement speeds. Therefore the movement speed has been decreased so that there is less mobility while cloaked.
- Movement speed is reduced by 20% when activated.
Andrew “The Fearless”
The Pack is still very strong when the team is equipped with this skill, making the weapons not much effective. To balance this, damage has been reduced so that the weapons can be more effective than before.
- Harm reduction: 8/9/10/11/12/14% -> 5/7/8/9/10/11%
The long Damage Delivery timeout was making the skill quite unreliable when players fought in combat, so the skill timeout has been reduced.
- Skill usage time- 35/34/32/29/25/20s-> 25/24/22/19/15/10s
A new item has been added to Jai’s Microchip which players can use to utilize the character’s ability. Jai’s Microchip is now available at the Free Fire store.
Weapons and Balances
The gear progression in Battle Royale mode was not very balanced as players were able to purchase high level armors from the vending machine. Now two new armor enhancements have been introduced so that players can now further upgrade their armor when spending on their withdrawals. New types of attachments will be coming soon.
- Thickening Vest: Equip your vest to reduce damage from explosions.
- Collect HP Booster: Equip your vest to boost your HP.
A new strategic option is introduced in the Battle Royale mode, where if your teammates have trouble you can help them with this weapon.
- Minimum Damage: 70
- Healing strength: 50
- Shot rate: 0.45
The SPAS-12 was a weaker weapon compared to other Shotguns therefore the weapon has been buffed in this patch.
- Scope: +10%
Free Fire Knife
As one of the most difficult weapons to use, the FF-Knife is not strong enough.
- Minimum damage: + 50%
- Shooting speed: + 20%
The Grenade was quite powerful against fully armed enemies, therefore it has been adjusted a bit and now only extremely accurate throws towards targets will take their full health.
- Maximum damage: -25%
Although the P90 is equipped with an oscilloscope, it currently does not perform well in the mid-range compared to other SMGS. The P90 is now more reliable and a little more powerful than before.
- Scope: +10%
The armor penetration has been increased as the AWM was a bit ineffective against high level armor.
- Armor penetration: + 8%
The SKS isn’t as reliable right now because it’s not as effective against armored enemies, therefore with increased damage this weapon is more lethal when taking down enemies from afar.
- Minimum damage with open aim: + 25%
Adjust weapon attributes
Vector is currently too deadly at close range, therefore there are some tweaks to this weapon to give players enough time to react against enemies with the Vector Akimbo.
- Recharge time: -20%
- Shot speed: -5%
- Ammo: -5
- Akimbo firing speed: -20%.
- Movement speed on Akimbo: -4%
Gameplay and System
Replay System (Beta)
A new Replay System is added so that players can capture some of their highlights, although this feature will be running its first test run on select devices
It’s been a while since we updated the Guild System. We’re giving the guild menu a whole new look and adding new guild crates that can be shared with your team members. Join and share these guild goodies!
Optimizations and bug fixes
- Players can split their items while discarding them.
- Added player rating star count to the game’s Contra Squad leaderboard.
- Added chat bubbles in the team formation menu.
- Optimized grenade timer display on minimap.