Idle Heroes: Star Alchemist Holmes Young’s Invitation
The latest update of Idle Heroes will introduce an event that will feature the transcendence version of Holmes Young. He is the latest character that has been added to the game in the previous update. Holmes Young is a really useful unit to have on some occasions with his unique abilities that can decide the outcome of the battle. You can read more about the basic fortress version of Holmes Young’s skills and story here.
Logging in the game every day will give you three Heroic Summon scrolls, so make sure to be able to do it at least once a day and use the Heroic Summon Scrolls in the event where the chances of getting a 5-star character are doubled.
Idle Heroes really lived up to its name where you can enjoy a game without doing anything so fancy. It’s one of the games on mobile that is chill to play and the in-game rewards are generous and good for F2P players. If you are new to Idle Heroes and want to be efficient, you can read our Idle Heroes tips and tricks guide.
Star Alchemist – Holmes Young
This version of Holmes Young is more powerful and cooler than his earlier version. The standard version uses chemicals as a way to buff himself and be able to actually attack and deal damage to his enemies while this version also uses potions to buff himself but also more on a modern and more magical side.
His appearance also looks even cooler than the previous one who transforms when he gets the potion buffs. He uses a portal-like structure that he can summon at will and follows him around wherever he goes.
These are his abilities:
- The Moment of Silence (Active Skill) – Deals 1000% of attack damage to backline enemies. Afterwards, poisons all enemies dealing 600% of attack damage for 6 rounds. Meanwhile consumes all self-owned potions, the effect of which is enhanced based on the type and number of potions. These are the types of potions you can activate:
- Void Extraction Potion – It enhances the active skill and deals 1000% of attack damage to backline enemies. Afterward, it poisons all enemies dealing 800% of attack damage for 6 rounds. Meanwhile, increases the DoT by 25% with cap at 5000% of Star Alchemist – Holmes Young’s attack for 2 enemies with the lowest HP. if you get 2 bottles of this potion you will get additional effects and will increase the DoT by 25% with a cap at 5000% of your attack damage to all enemies.
- Star Prophecy Potion – There is a 100% chance to inflict Perceptual Disorder on 1 enemy with the highest Attack for 2 rounds. Meanwhile, this reduces the cooldown of the passive skill, The Portal of Stars by 1 round upon the next trigger. Having 2 bottles of this potion will give extra effects besides all the effects of the first one. There is a 65% chance to inflict Perceptual Disorder on the enemy not inflicted with Perceptual Disorder already and with the highest attack for 2 rounds. Meanwhile, increases all allies’ attack by 20% and speed by 10 for 3 rounds. Additionally reduces the cooldown of passive skill, The Portal of Stars, by 1 round upon the next trigger.
- Perceptual Disorder – This is a skill effect of the potions. During its validity period, it changes the active skill and basic attack of affected heroes to poison one of their allies at random, dealing 800% of attack damage for 6 rounds. This doesn’t work in boss units.
- Poison – This is a skill effect of the potions. When poison is inflicted, it will cause damage during its effectiveness and it will cause damage at the end of each round.
- The Touch of Memory (Passive Skill) – It changes the basic attack to 600% of attack damage to 3 random enemies and poisons them dealing 600% of attack damage for 6 rounds. Meanwhile, the self has a 25% chance to gain 1 bottle of void extraction potion or star prophecy potion at random.
- The Eye of Destiny (Passive Skill) – When a battle starts and at the end of each round, the self has a 100% chance to gain 1 bottle of Void Extraction Potion or Star Prophecy Potion at random and a 20% chance to gain 1 more bottle. Potions gained from this passive skill last for only 1 round.
- The Portal of Stars (Passive Skill) – For every 6 rounds, the self gains 2 bottles of Void Extraction Potion and Star Prophecy Potion respectively. Meanwhile, this clears a debuff from self immediately and restores self Energy by 100 and HP equal to 30% of max HP. besides, increases self all damage dealt by 12% for 3 rounds.
Holme Young’s Invitation
Complete assigned quests to get the event item Stardust Potion. You can get a Transcendence Blessing for every 25 Stardust Potions you collected which is a chance to summon a hero. After the event, you may sell unused event items for gold but it would be a waste if you don’t use them all in the event so make sure to check your inventory if you have any left before the event is over. Unused summoning chances will be automatically used based on the summoning preview and the summoned heroes will be mailed to you. Here are some of the tasks that you will have to accomplish to be able to collect the event items:
- You will have to consume up to 10 times heroic summon scrolls to be able to get a single Stardust Potion. You can repeat this process up to 150 times.
- You will also be able to get another Stardust potion for every 50 VIP exp you have gained during this event up to 650 times.
- Obtaining a 5 star character via Summon Circle, Creation Circle, Comp[ass of the Transcended and Shards summon will give you a Stardust Potion and can be done repeatedly 30 times in total.
- Activating the 5 star and 6 star Holmes Young in the gallery will give you 5 Stardust Potions each activation.
- While activating the 10 star Holmes Young will give you 10 Stardust Potions.
Use Stardust Potion to exchange for items. Once you have exchanged all of the items at the Star Store, you will also get the following bonus rewards that are going to be mailed to you such as Core of Transcendence, Glorious Relic, and Luxury Home Chest. Here are the items you can claim:
- 40 Stardust Potions – Glory Epic Hero Selection Chest
- 70 Stardust Potions – Could Island Chest
- 80 Stardust Potions – 50 times 10 star light puppet summon shards
- 120 Stardust Potions – Glorious Flag Selection Chest
- 150 Stardust Potions – Mysterious Artifact Selection Chest
You will need to participate in the Crystal Crown League, Trial of the Champion, Inter Dimensional Arena, Friendly matches, or guild matches as the attacker to complete these quests:
- 50 times Elite 5 star hero shard – complete a battle with a team that involves Star Alchemist Holmes Young and Fairy Queen Vesa
- 50 times Elite 5 star hero shard – Complete a battle with a team that involves Star Alchemist Holmes Young and Star Wing Jahra
- 50 times Elite 5 star dark hero shard – complete a battle with a team that involves Star Alchemist Holmes Young and Lord of Fear Aspen
- 50 times Elite 5 light star hero shard – complete a battle with a team that involves Star Alchemist Holmes Young and Asmodel the Dauntless
- 5 times Core of Transcendence – complete a battle with a team that involves Star Alchemist Holmes Young and The Sun Devourer Eos
Flash Sale of Glorious Gifts
You can use your Glorious Relics and buy these time-limited exclusive items so do not miss your chance before they go away. Here are the items that you can purchase:
All these Flag Artifacts will cost 300 Glorious Relics and give 14% attack and 17.5 HP with a Devotion effect that reduces self attack by 25% and lowers self max HP by 25% during the battle. These are the flags:
Palace of Eternity
The palace is back with a new set of heroes that you will be able to replace using Eternal Crystals. New heroes replaced from the palace of eternity will not get you to summon rewards from the hero lottery. Multiple heroes replaceable from the palace of eternity share the demand for eternal crystals. These are the five characters that can be replaced, which are all 5-star heroes:
- Forest hero Xahou
- Shadow hero Annabelle
- Light hero Eos
- Fortress hero Holmes Young
- Abyss hero Natasha
Hero Exchange Event
This event will let you use soulstones to exchange for heroes but these heroes can only be exchanged once during the event. Here are the heroes you can purchase and the amount you need:
These characters need 200 Soulstones to purchase with a limit of 4 purchases:
- Forest 4 star Thale
- Abyss 5 star Aleria
- Fortress 4 star Kristian
- Shadow 4 star Bonecraver
These characters need 300 Soulstones to purchase with a limit of 4 purchases:
- Dark 4 star Dark Spirit
- Light 4 star Light Spirit
These characters needed 1600 Soulstones to purchase with a limit of 2 purchases:
- Shadow 5 star Puppet
- Abyss 5 star Puppet
- Forest 5 star Puppet
These characters needed 2400 Soulstones to purchase with a limit of 2 purchases:
- Dark 5 star Puppet
- Light 5 star Puppet
The main attraction of this event is the 2 5 star heroes that need 4500 soulstones to purchase and can only be purchased once:
- Dark 5 star Aspen
- Light 5 star Asmodel
- You can now fuse Star Alchemist Holmes Young at the Evolution Cube.
- You can now acquire the new Elite 5 Star hero shards of Star Alchemist Holmes Young in the Glorious Tempe and Compass of the Transcended.
- The hero pool in Prayer Hero has been adjusted. You can check the details of selectable heroes in the game now.
- The Bride of Dance of Brocade skin is not obtainable by skin replacement.
If you want to learn about the best artifacts and heroes in the game, read our previous blog posts. We have all the answers to your questions and dilemmas in the game from guides to Idle Heroes mid-game to late-game, as well as tips and tricks you have never heard of.
What do you think of the upgraded Holmes Young? Is he actually better than the original one?