Marvel Strike Force: Apocalypse and His Four Horsemen are Coming in the Game.
En Sabah Nur who is also known by many names is finally coming in Marvel Strike Force. Apocalypse is undoubtedly one of the most iconic villains in the history of Marvel Comics mostly known as the main opponent of the superhero group X-men.
The Apocalypse event is also known for having a set of elite followers known as the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. They each represent an affliction that will be inflicted upon humanity which are Pestilence, Famine, War and Death. The Age of Apocalypse event will be unveiled in several arcs that will involve one of the Horsemen per arc via Scourge Events.
This is a new event game mode that will let you unlock character shards for each of the four Horsemen. You can also adjust the difficulty of the event by afflicting your team with Scourges. The Scourge effect will debuff your team’s overall combat capabilities but it will also increase the rewards at the end of the run.
The higher the difficulty, the higher the rewards. Make sure to face the Scourge Events when they appear in the game because you will only be able to complete them from time to time. You are going to challenge and clear 10 sequential connected nodes in this event which are called “run”. This has similar properties to Dark Dimension with some unique twists.
You will be able to customize the challenges by selecting a level of difficulty from 1 to 10. You can get a broad range of characters the lower the difficulty you select, while narrowing the character traits that can be used when you select a higher difficulty.
In the first Scourge event, you can engage in the highest difficulty when you use Web warriors or Dark hunters to battle certain nodes of those higher levels. The twist is that players can also activate a variety of effects called “Scourges” that will bolster the enemy teams or cause debuff effects to your teams. You will be able to toggle on any number of Scourges to activate the run. You will also be able to earn more points the more difficult the Scourges you select.
The Scourge events will be active for 10 days on the day they get introduced and then five days for each subsequent time it repeats. You can get unlimited attempts while the event is still active and you can try to achieve the best single run with the highest difficulty level and greatest point value scourges active. Those points will unlock milestone rewards and be tied to leaderboard rewards. Those rewards will also grant you character shards of the Horseman that is featured in the event.
You will also have the chance to start over at any point of your run but resetting the run will clear the progress you made on the nodes and set your characters to full health. You don’t have to wait for 24 hours like in the Dark Dimension because your team will heal after completing or resetting a run.
Each of the Four Horsemen will have their own arc so the events will be revealed one by one over the course of the year. All of these events will lead up to a series of challenges different from the scourge events featuring the mutant Apocalypse, which will require that you unlock all of the Four horsemen to be able to add him to your team.
The story will be different from other marvel adaptations so the characters that are going to be introduced as the Four Horsemen are more likely to be different. Simply put, the Four Horsemen from Marvel Strike Force can be expected by fans to turn out completely different and unexpected.
New PVP Mode
Scopely, the developers of Marvel Strike Force officially announced the name of the new PVP mode that they have previously teased in the 2nd 2021 preview. Cosmic Crucible is going to be the new PVP mode that they are working on setting up a playtest within the next couple of weeks and will let 100 players get a chance to test it out. These are the things that they revealed about the new game mode so far:
- You will be grouped into eight-person brackets based on your matchmaking rating. Players are matched against another player every round during the swiss style tournament. You can have six defense teams and attack the defenses of their opponents during the time window.
- These tournaments will be grouped into seasons and each of which is expected to have its own set of rewards and set of rules.
- Matchmaking will be based on a rating system and players will be separated into divisions based on their wins and losses.
- You can win rounds by defeating more rooms than your opponent.
- You can earn victory points by defeating enemy teams and can be used to determine the winner if ever there is a tie.
- The player that initiated the fewest number of attacks to win will get the victory points in a tie.
- The player with the highest TCP of teams will win in case of a tie in the number of wins.
- Each season will have Global Rules and will grant certain bonuses to all rooms.
- There are also going to be Room Rules that will give specific bonuses or apply restrictions to combat in a certain room.
- You will have a limited number of times that you can attack a room.
- The rewards you can get will be higher depending on your division placement.
All the minions from the Elite 6 and Elite 7 star orbs are going to be removed. Additional slots will be added to the Elite Supplies so specific characters are more likely to appear when you buy a Red Star Promotion. These are some of the changes that players are going to see in the future:
- Finder Offers for Superior mini uniques priced in Power Cores.
- The Doom Campaign is getting adjusted so every Superior mini Unique can be found on 2 campaign nodes.
- Additional gear pieces in the RTA battle pass.
- Additional ways to earn Teal Gear through new and upcoming games.
A brand new difficulty will be added in the game, the easy and medium difficulty will be combined into easy, the current hard difficulty will take medium difficulty’s place. A new hard difficulty mission will have new rewards and will be harder than the previous version of it.
You can now reach the alliance management and alliance donation screens without having to load the Helicarrier scene after the Quick Alliance option can now be activated at level 50.
You can now hide Saved Squads that do not contain characters that can be used in the event or missions you are selecting a squad for in the advanced option.
Raid battles that are left idle for a significant fraction of a minute will now activate the auto-battle option. You can disable this feature in the advanced settings menu.
The rewards for achievements linked to the log in x days are being updated.
Abilities to equip all gear to low leveled players have been expanded.
Lastly, you can now filter your characters to non-minion.
You can take a look at our Team Guide if you are new to the game and wanna get better at handling your team.
Which Marvel character do you think is going to be a part of the Four Horsemen in this version of the game? Let us know in the comments below!