A Guide to AFK Arena’s “Snowbound Riches” 2021 Event
The winter season continues to bring frozen gifts to everyone, especially for players of the idle mobile RPG game AFK Arena!
After the Midwinter Festivities last month, AFK Arena is kicking things off at Esperia by launching the Snowbound Riches event, featuring multiple rewards and one of the game’s newest heroes, Alna, as the ultimate event reward.
When does AFK Arena’s Snowbound Riches event start?
As AFK Arena’s first event of the year, players can participate in Snowbound Riches on January 8, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. UTC. It will last for two weeks and will end on January 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. UTC.
What are the rewards that I can get from the Snowbound Riches event?
Once you complete all the challenges and quests on the Snowbound Riches event page, you will earn one of AFK Arena’s newest heroes, Alna, the Frozen Mother.
Alna is the eighth Celestial hero in the game, following Zaphrael from last month’s event. She is a spear-wielding hero with a kit focused on debuffing and reducing the enemy’s Haste. She got released around the same time as Mortas, a Hypogean hero. You can read more about Alna and Mortas in our other AFK Arena guides.
Where can I find the Snowbound Riches event?
Players can locate the Snowbound Riches event tab by going to the Ranhorn tab and clicking “Events.” You will find it on the top-most part of the page, featuring Alna.
Upon tapping the button to participate, players will be transferred to a page that contains a 3×4 table, with 8 locked chests on its outer borders. There are a total of 15 different quests that you must fulfill to unlock all chests and finally acquire Alna to your team. If a complete row or column of quests are completed, a chest will be unlocked and you may claim the rewards it holds within.
Here is the full list of Snowbound Riches quests:
- Use two or more support heroes in a single battle to achieve victory 20 times within the Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign or King’s Tower.
- Acquire two Elite Mauler heroes during the event.
- Send 100 Companion points.
- Acquire All Rewards in the Voyage of Wonders 1 time.
- Use two or more mage heroes in a single battle to achieve victory 20 times within the Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign or King’s Tower.
- Acquire two Elite Graveborn heroes during the event.
- Acquire two Elite Lightbearer heroes during the event.
- Defeat Labyrinth Bosses: 15 times
- Use two or more warrior heroes in a single battle to achieve victory 20 times within the Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign or King’s Tower.
- Use Fast Rewards 10 times.
- Use two or more tank heroes in a single battle to achieve victory 20 times within the Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign or King’s Tower.
- Participate in 15 Guild Hunts
- Use two or more ranger heroes in a single battle to achieve victory 20 times within the Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign or King’s Tower.
- Acquire two Elite Wilder heroes during the event.
- Complete 12 team bounty quests.
Tips for completing AFK Arena’s Snowbound Riches event
From January 8 to January 21, simply play everyday on Arcane Labyrinth, Campaign, or King’s Tower.
- Be sure to use heroes with different roles on your team to maximize efficiency. The event requires two or more heroes of the same role at a time, so you can try choosing two support heroes, two tank heroes, and one mage in one round. Remember, the battle needs to end in victory for it to be counted on the event!
- For the hero requirements, Mercenary heroes and Labyrinth’s Rickety Cart heroes can be used.
- Once you’ve reached Chapter 31 in the campaign mode, each multi-formation battle will be calculated individually, provided that the stage is cleared. Each small multi-formation stage victory within the Dismal Maze will be calculated individually.
- Aside from participating in the Player vs Environment modes, you need to keep track of the small tasks like sending 100 Companion points, using Fast Rewards ten times, and more.
- SUMMON, SUMMON, SUMMON! Four of the quests require obtaining Elite heroes from the Wilder, Lightbearer, Graveborn, and Mailed factions. Simply go to the Noble Tavern and do either single summons or x10 summons. You can even try your luck on different banners. The Tavern often changes banner factions everyday, so try to drop by and summon heroes every time you log in. Note that Elite Tier heroes have a 4.61% chance of being summoned on the single faction banners and the multi-banner role (using the common scrolls) while players have a 2.41% chance of getting Elites using their companion points.
To help you in your summons, you can use BlueStacks’ sweet feature called Multi-Instance. It basically lets you use different accounts to access multiple tabs and enable you to efficiently summon AFK Arena heroes, all at the same time.
More rewards from AFK Arena
Aside from these event rewards, you can also claim a free gift from Lilith Games using the code 85de5ar9ts valid until January 22, 2021 3:59:59 p.m. UTC. You can redeem the gift code here.
Upon completing all quests, you will receive Alna, the Frozen Mother. She can synergize with Skriath, Mezoth, and Flora. Alna seems like she is the answer to countering the god composition. Her Haste reduction comes in handy to slow down enemies from activating their Ultimates, which prevents them from snowballing in the late game.
Be sure to check out our other hero guides to find out the best comp and hero synergies for this Celestial hero.